Home Health Care

Visiting Nurse Association home health aide rescues choking baby

When VNA home health aide Carly Wilson visited a home in Felton Aug. 6, she encountered a life-threatening event and rose to the occasion, saving a baby from possibly choking to death. Wilson was caring for patient Jonathan Powell when the child’s mother came to her in a panic, unable to dislodge a quarter that the child swallowed and had lodged in his windpipe. Wilson sprang into action and applied the proper technique to dislodge the coin. Read more

    Top