On April 30, Christiana Care Health System’s Value Institute hosts its inaugural symposium titled “Value: Medicine’s New Frontier,” focusing on the evolving systems in the health care world and the ways in which to improve the value of patient care. The event features Dr. Robert J. Laskowski, president and CEO of Christiana Care Health System, and Dr. Timothy Gardner, interim director of the Christiana Care Value Institute and past national president of the American Heart Association, along with other leading figures from among the nation’s most respected institutions. Speakers will address enhancing health care access, reducing costs and adding value to the patient’s experience.
Christiana Care’s Value Institute demonstrates its commitment to patient care by designing and studying systems of care that are more effective, more evidence-based and more efficient, in order to deliver better outcomes at lower costs. The Value Institute is using the symposium to highlight initiatives being used to inform and educate the health care community on the challenges—and possible solutions—associated with delivering greater value to patients.
Among the featured speakers and special guests will be:
- U.S. Sen. Chris Coons, D – Delaware.
- Dr. Robert J. Laskowski, President and CEO of Christiana Care Health System.
- Dr. Timothy Gardner, Interim Director of the Christiana Care Value Institute and past national president of the American Heart Association.
- Dr. David Nash, Dean of the Jefferson School of Population Health at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Dr. Peter J. Slavin, President of Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Arkadi Kuhlmann, Founder of ING Direct USA.
- Dr.Virginia L. Hood, President of the American College of Physicians.
- Dr. Michael Lauer, Director of the Division of Cardiovascular Sciences at the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health.