Nothing says summer like an ice cold popsicle! Make your own, with or without a store bought mold, for a delicious and healthy treat the whole family will love.
Store bought reusable molds of different shapes and sizes are widely available, affordable and convenient. If you don’t have popsicle molds, here is what you will need to make your own:
- Glass, paper or plastic cups.
- Food-safe popsicle sticks.
- Foil or plastic wrap.
- For store-bought molds, follow the included directions. For homemade, fill paper, plastic or glass cups with popsicle ingredients. Leave a little extra room at the top as the liquid will expand as it freezes.
- Cover cups with plastic wrap or foil and poke popsicle sticks through the center so they stand straight up. Alternatively, partially freeze the popsicles and add sticks when ingredients are still soft enough to push the stick in but stiff enough for it to stand up straight.
- Freeze popsicles until completely solid. To remove from molds, simply run the bottom and sides of the mold under warm water or dip the mold into a bowl of warm water.
Select fruits that are very ripe for maximum sweetness. Frozen fruit is also a great option for puréeing. Add eye appeal and texture by including whole or sliced fruits. Mix and match creamy, liquid and puréed fruit ingredients to find a flavor combination you love!
- Flavored Greek yogurt
- Coconut milk
- Puréed bananas
- Natural fruit juices