Take advantage of summer’s bounty with this fresh and flavorful salad. Grilled chicken cutlets, fresh strawberries and blueberries come together with a sweet-tart strawberry vinaigrette for a delicious and satisfying heart-healthy meal. Eating outside is optional but recommended!
Lean chicken cutlets marinate and grill quickly making them ideal for a weeknight meal. Alternatively, cutlets can be sautéed on the stove top over medium-high heat for two to three minutes per side or until cooked through.
Can’t find chicken cutlets? Use boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced horizontally into two pieces. Gently pound pieces into an even thickness before cooking.
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar|
|2 teaspoons honey|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1lb chicken cutlets, about 4|
|6 cups spring mix, baby spinach or baby kale|
|1 cup strawberries, sliced|
|1 cup blueberries|
|¼ cup red onion, sliced, or to taste|
|Strawberry Vinaigrette, recipe and nutrition below|
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Walnut halves
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Combine oil, vinegar, honey and minced garlic in a non-reactive glass bowl or casserole dish. Add chicken and flip the cutlets to completely coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to one hour.
- Prepare grill for direct heat. If using a gas grill, preheat to medium high. Drain the chicken and blot excess liquid. Discard marinade.
- Oil grill grates as needed and grill chicken, covered, for three to four minutes or until chicken easily releases from the grates and is almost cooked through.
- Turn cutlets over and finish grilling for one to two minutes or until fully cooked. Chicken is done cooking when it reaches an internal temperature of 165° – take care not to overcook these lean poultry cuts. Set cooked chicken aside to rest while preparing the salad.
- In a large bowl, place salad greens, strawberries, blueberries, red onions and any other optional add-ins. Toss to combine. Slice chicken cutlets into thin strips and serve with salad and prepared dressing.
|Calories||219||Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||Monounsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g||Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||65 mg||Sodium||128 mg|
|Potassium||320 mg||Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||Sugars||10 g|
Strawberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
|¼ cup white balsamic vinegar|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|¼ cup – ½ cup hulled strawberries|
Strawberry Vinaigrette Directions
- In a blender, purée vinegar, olive oil and ¼ cup strawberries until completely smooth. Taste for desired sweetness. If needed, purée up to ¼ cup of additional strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to use. Dressing may be made the day before. Stir or shake well before using.
Yield: About ½ cup
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Strawberry Vinaigrette Nutrition
|Calories||108||Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g||Monounsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g||Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||Sodium||0 mg|
|Potassium||15 mg||Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||Sugars||3 g|