To advance The Christiana Care Way and achieve the organization’s strategic aims of optimal health, exceptional experience and organizational vitality, Christiana Care Health System has announced the following leadership changes:
- Mike Eppehimer, MHSA, FACHE, has been appointed chief operating officer, Medical Group of Christiana Care. In this role, he is responsible for the Medical Group practices, with a focus on ambulatory care and community care operations.
- Sharon Kurfuerst, Ed.D., OTR/L, FAOTA, FACHE, has been appointed chief operating officer of Christiana Care Health Services, responsible for the overall clinical care operations of Christiana and Wilmington hospitals and the Middletown Emergency Department. She also continues to oversee operations of essential services.
- Doug Azar, MHA, has been named senior vice president, Strategic Clinical Integration. In this new role, he works closely with leadership across the health system on ambulatory and access-to-care strategies, and new strategic business opportunities.
- Neil Jasani, M.D., MBA, FACEP, has been appointed as Chief People Officer. Dr. Jasani now provides oversight for both iLEAD and Human Resources, and continues to lead Medical Affairs.
- Christopher Cowan, M. Ed, FABC, has been promoted to senior vice president, Human Resources.
- Robert Mulrooney, PE, has been appointed senior vice president, Facilities and Services, responsible for leadership of all service-level essential service departments in the health system.
- Robert McMurray, MBA, has been promoted to vice president of Finance, Supply Chain, and corporate controller.