Try this quick recipe for four. This will provide a complete meal for a family — mom and kids might need slightly less and dad might need a little more on the plate. You can get this meal on the table in under 30 minutes.
Italian Chicken Dinner
- YIELD: 4 oz. chicken, ¾ cup pasta, 1½ cups vegetables (4 Servings)
- 1 egg or ¼ cup egg substitute
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- pepper cracked, black
- 4 16oz chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups penne pasta high fiber
- 2 12oz bags mixed veggies Italian style
- ½ cup Italian dressing light
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce low sodium
- Beat together egg and water in a medium bowl. Place flour on a large plate. Mix bread crumbs Italian seasoning and pepper and place on another plate large. Using a fork, dip a chicken breast in the flour and turn to coat completely; then dip into egg mixture and coat completely. Place the breast on the bread crumbs and turn to coat. Place breaded chicken on a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high temperature. Place the chicken breasts in the hot pan. Reduce the heat to medium, and sauté for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta and vegetables according to package directions. Place in a large bowl. Toss with dressing.
- Heat marinara sauce in a small pan or in the microwave. Place a chicken breast on each plate, top with ¼ cup marinara and 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese. Divide pasta salad between plates and serve.
- CALORIES: 547
- PROTEIN: 42g
- FIBER: 10g
- FAT: 12g
- SATURATED FAT: 3g
- MONOUNSATURATED FAT: 5g
- POLYUNSATURATED FAT: 4g
- SODIUM: 673mg
- IRON: 6mg
- CHOLESTEROL: 125mg
- CALCIUM: 198mg