Feeling fancy? This recipe is an easy, delightful twist on the classic French dessert Peach Melba. Grilled peaches with raspberry sauce is a quick-to-make summery treat that requires minimal ingredients and only 5 minutes of cooking time. Peach halves are swiftly grilled and topped with frozen yogurt, a simple raspberry sauce and a sprinkle of crunchy pistachios. Be sure to compare labels to choose the frozen yogurt that is lowest in fat and sugar.
- Nut allergy? Omit the pistachios but keep the crunch by substituting with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs after checking the label to ensure the crackers are nut-free.
- Gluten allergy? This is an excellent gluten-free dessert option. Double-check the frozen yogurt label to make sure it is gluten-free.
- Dairy allergy? Skip the traditional frozen yogurt and look for yogurt or ice cream options that are dairy-free.
|1 cup frozen raspberries|
|1 teaspoon honey or up to 1 tablespoon|
|4 small, ripe peaches, cut in half; stones removed|
|¼ teaspoon olive oil|
|1 ⅓ cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt|
|2 tablespoons unsalted pistachios, shelled and chopped|
- Add frozen raspberries to a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave berries for about 2 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until raspberries are fully melted and juicy.
- Strain berries into a heatproof serving container, using the back of a spoon to press out all the juice while leaving the seeds behind. Taste the sauce and add 1 teaspoon of honey or as much as 1 tablespoon to sweeten. Do not over-sweeten; the sweet peaches and ice cream will balance a slightly tart sauce. Set aside while preparing the peaches.
- Preheat grill to medium. Make sure to fully preheat and oil the grates or the peaches will stick. Lightly brush the cut side of the peaches with olive oil.
- Grill without disturbing for 4-5 minutes with the lid down or until grill marks form and peaches are heated through. Do not overcook or the peaches will become mushy and fall apart.
- Assemble the dessert. Top two halves of a grilled peach with ⅓ cup frozen yogurt, 1 tablespoon raspberry sauce and ½ tablespoon chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.
Based on 1 teaspoon honey.
|Calories||136||Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||Monounsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g||Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||4 mg||Sodium||53 mg|
|Potassium||214 mg||Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||Sugars||17 g|