Did you know meditation can help boost your immunity, relieve anxiety and improve emotional health? Mindful meditation is a practice that may help you feel less stressed during the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
- The goal of mindful meditation is to focus your attention on the things that are happening right now in the present moment. The idea is to note what you experience without trying to change it.
- Meditation can help you relax, because you are not worrying about what happened before or what may occur in the future.
- You don’t need any special tools or equipment to practice this meditation. You just sit in a comfortable position in a chair or on the floor. Or you can lie down, if that is more comfortable for you.
- If your mind wanders, don’t worry or judge yourself. When you become aware that your thoughts are wandering, simply focus again on the present moment. One way to do this is by paying attention to your body. For example, is your breathing fast or slow, deep or shallow?
- Meditation may bring up certain feelings or emotions. If this happens, don’t try to rid your mind of these feelings. Just focus on what you feel at the present moment. Don’t get lost in the thoughts that those feelings might trigger.
Learn more about meditation and even give it a try with these short videos.