(WILMINGTON, Del. – Sept. 9, 2021)
ChristianaCare has launched Our Experts, an online health experts database, which easily and quickly connects journalists to subject matter experts who fit their needs as news sources.
Powered by ExpertFile, the database is a digital media toolkit that helps journalists access up-to-date information and essential resources that make it easier for them to complete stories before deadline.
“At ChristianaCare, we recognize that reporters, editors and producers are being asked to cover health and medical stories under tight deadlines, so finding the right expert at the right time is critical,” said Shane Hoffman, director of communications at ChristianaCare. “Access to relevant experts is vital for journalists, especially in today’s world when information and misinformation compete daily across the media and social media spectrum. Our online experts database is one of the many ways that we’re working to anticipate the needs of local and national media, so that together we can provide insightful, accurate information to the public about health and science – and ultimately make a positive impact on health.”
As one of the most dynamic health care systems in the United States and a leader in quality and safety, ChristianaCare is home to a wide variety of experts in medicine and health care industry topics, including many who have been featured in national media. Examples include:
- Nicholas Petrelli, M.D., a nationally recognized expert on colorectal cancer and the Bank of America endowed medical director of the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center and Research Institute.
- Kirk Garratt, M.D., MSc, John H. Ammon Chair of Cardiology and medical director of the Center for Heart & Vascular Health, one of the nation’s busiest heart and vascular programs.
- Chief Infection Prevention Officer Marci Drees, M.D., MS, whose expertise on COVID-19 and the COVID-19 vaccines has been featured on NPR, CNN and CNBC.
- Chief Wellness Officer Heather Farley, M.D., whose innovative Center for WorkLife Wellbeing team was featured in the New York Times and other outlets for its success in helping to support caregivers through the challenges of the pandemic.
- Eric Kmiec, Ph.D., director of the Gene Editing Institute, who is one of the foremost experts in the world on CRISPR technology.
- Chief Information Security Officer Anahi Santiago, a nationally recognized expert in health care cybersecurity.
In addition to providing easy discovery and access to experts, the Our Experts database provides bios, downloadable photographs, samples of published research and media appearances, and even videos that can help journalists familiarize themselves with the experts before requesting an interview.
Nearly 50 ChristianaCare experts are currently featured in the database today, and it continues to grow.
“If health, health care and science are topics that you’re interested in writing about, bookmark news.christianacare.org/our-experts,” Hoffman said. “As the pandemic continues to remind us, good information is essential to good health.”
Need an expert source?
Our Experts, ChristianaCare's expert database, can help you find the right source for your next news story.
Request an interview ➜
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare is one of the country’s most dynamic health care organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of primary care and outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a freestanding emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women’s health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute.
ChristianaCare is nationally recognized as a great place to work, rated by Forbes as the 5th best health system to work for in the United States and by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation’s Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is rated by HealthGrades as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals and continually ranked among the nation’s best by Newsweek and other national quality ratings. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. With its groundbreaking Center for Virtual Health and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.