ChristianaCare recognized some of its most extraordinary caregivers in a virtual Champions of Service Awards celebration, coordinated with our participation in the Jefferson Awards community service program.
These caregivers received ChristianaCare Jefferson Awards this year for their passion for service in our community.
• Lauren Michelle DiCarlantonio, CLS.
• Annamarie Flick, MSN, RN-BC, NE-BC.
• Michelle K.B. Kelly, PA-C.
• Christopher Moore.
• Sonya Poitier (in requiem).
• Raquel Spencer, RN, MSN, CPHRM.
Christopher Moore, manager of Community Health in the Office of Health Equity, was selected as the top Jefferson Awards winner from ChristianaCare and our representative at a virtual event on Oct. 8. Moore was recognized for his work with youth who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and gender non-binary (LGBTQ+) in Delaware.
A dynamic leader in health equity, Moore has provided more than a decade of effort dedicated to creating and sustaining Gender Sexuality Alliances (GSAs) and other safe spaces in schools for young people who identify as LGBTQ+. His accomplishments include leading a statewide effort to organize GSAs into a network under PRIDE Council and leading a greater push for GSAs in middle schools and community sites.
He represented ChristianaCare as co-chair of the PRIDE Council from 2012 to 2018. He was an active participant and adviser for a pilot for the first LGBTQ+ teen leadership academy, in partnership with Brandywine Counseling and AIDS Delaware, and he has continued his support as the program has evolved to focus on young adults statewide.
He has provided valuable leadership in the annual statewide GSA Summit for youth and providers and in social events for LGBTQ+ young people, including an annual statewide PRIDE Dance for youth and the Queer Prom for youth in New Castle County, Delaware. He has been an advocate and adviser in the creation of The Village, a pop-up community center for LGBTQ+ young people in New Castle County led by AIDS Delaware.
In addition to Moore’s work at ChristianaCare, he is on faculty at Delaware Technical and Community College. He has published regionally and nationally on gender and orientation, and most recently collaborated with Catherine Dukes, Ph.D., MSW, on the lesson plan “Who’s at the Water Cooler?” which was published by the Center for Sex Education.
Champions of Service
In concert with the Jefferson Awards, ChristianaCare honors individuals and groups each year with Champions of Service Awards. This year’s Champions of Service honorees were recognized by Margarita Rodriguez-Duffy, MSW, CAVS, director, Visitor & Volunteer Services, who sent certificates to multiple winners from ChristianaCare and the community, including:
- Elizabeth (Beth) Acton, MSN, RN, VA-BC.
- Jolanda Arter-Chance, MBA.
- Alexandra Colin, MSN, RN, CCRN-K.
- Lori Czajkowski.
- Samantha Decenord, BS.
- Aretha Hughes.
- Chioma Kehinde, MS, RHIA.
- Maryah Mansoor, M.D.
- Nattallie Masso.
- Christopher Otto, MSN, RN, CHFN, PCCN, CCRN.
- Sonya Stover MSN, RN, CCRN, NE-BC.
From Our Community
- Mary Bruno (Moving for Melanoma of Delaware).
- John and Cindy Clare (Delaware Hospice).
- India Colon (Nuestras Raices DE).
- Micki Edelsohn (Homes for Life Foundation).
- Donna Gordon (Delaware Hospice).
- Isabelle Hendrixson (ChristianaCare volunteer).
- Michael Ingram (Heartland Hospice).
- Paul Matthews (Eli Seth Matthews Leukemia Foundation).
- Elisa McDonald (Blessings Backpacks).
- Michelle Paisley (ChristianaCare volunteer).
- Carolyn Rifinio (Springmill Community Giving Dolls Workshop Group).