Skip the giant pot of boiling water and enjoy this classic seafood meal in a single pan straight from the oven. Roasting allows the vegetables to caramelize, bringing out their natural sweetness and adding another level of flavor not found in a traditional shrimp boil. Making your own spice blend gives you control of the flavors you love without the high levels of sodium found in many prepared mixes.
Experiment by adding extra vegetables to the pan. Zucchini and summer squash would be excellent additions.
|1 teaspoon paprika, sweet or smoked|
|1 teaspoon celery seed|
|½ teaspoon mustard powder|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder|
|⅛-¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|⅛ teaspoon allspice|
|*Optional ¼ teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 ½ lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on or off|
|1 ½ teaspoons olive oil, divided|
|4 ears of corn, shucked|
|1 lb baby red potatoes|
|1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes|
|1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped|
|Lemon wedges for serving|
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl combine the first 6 (or 7) ingredients. Toss prepared shrimp with ½ teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spray a large rimmed sheet pan with baking spray or lightly coat in olive oil.
- Carefully cut each ear of corn into 3 pieces.
- On prepared sheet pan toss corn, potatoes, and tomatoes with remaining teaspoon of olive oil and spice mixture. Spread evenly over the pan.
- Roast vegetables for 15 minutes, then stir ingredients or give the pan a good shake. Return to oven and cook for another 10 minutes. Stir the ingredients once more and scatter prepared shrimp around the pan.
- Return to the oven and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until shrimp is opaque and cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve hot with lemon wedges and a side salad.
|Calories||252||Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g||Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||216 mg||Sodium||138 mg|
|Potassium||902 mg||Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||Sugars||3 g|