Spice up boring pork chops with Tex-Mex flavors in this colorful one-pan meal that you can prepare in 30 minutes. Fire-roasted tomatoes, corn, and black beans create a flavorful bed for juicy, tender pork.
Nowadays, much of the pork available in supermarkets is especially lean, and boneless loin chops are among the leanest cuts. Select no-salt-added or low-sodium canned ingredients to create a heart-healthy low-sodium meal the whole family will enjoy.
|1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil|
|4 boneless skinless loin pork chops, 1-1 ½ lbs|
|1 medium onion, diced|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon ground cumin|
|½ teaspoon chili powder|
|1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, no-salt-added or reduced-sodium|
|1 15 oz can no-salt-added or reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup frozen corn kernels|
Optional: freshly chopped cilantro and non-fat Greek yogurt or non-fat sour cream.
- Trim pork chops of all visible fat.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan or dutch oven (something with a lid) over medium-high heat. If desired, lightly season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add pork chops to pan and brown on both sides approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove pork chops to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, add onion to pan and sauté until softened 4-5 minutes. Add spices and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, beans and corn. Mix well, bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Nestle pork chops into tomato mixture, cover pan and cook until pork chops are cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve immediately. If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro and non fat Greek yogurt or non fat sour cream.
|Calories||334||Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g||Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g||Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||75 mg||Sodium||95 mg|
|Potassium||265 mg||Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g||Sugars||5 g|