Give this quick and tasty recipe for four a try. It will provide a complete meal for a family. If you’re using the plate method, mom and the kids might need slightly less, and dad might need a little more on the plate. You can get this meal on the table in under 20 minutes!
Chicken with tropical fruit salsa Recipe
- YIELD: 4 Servings
- PREP: 20 mins
- 1 cup brown rice quick cooking
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 ½ cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 16 oz chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups tropical fruit canned in juice
- 1 lime squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves chopped or pressed
- 2 12 oz bags frozen veggies
- 2 tbsp Smart Balance spread
- Prepare rice according to package directions, using broth instead of water and adding 1 tsp. of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime, 1 tbsp. olive oil and the black beans.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high temperature. Place the chicken breasts in the hot pan. Reduce the heat to medium, and sauté for 4 – 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix tropical fruit, 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime, lime juice, 1 tbsp. olive oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Cook vegetables according to package directions.
- Place a chicken breast on each plate and divide salsa mixture between them.
- Divide rice, vegetables and Smart Balance between plates and serve.
- CALORIES: 561
- PROTEIN: 38g
- FIBER: 11g
- FAT: 18g
- SATURATED FAT: 4g
- SODIUM: 531mg