Christiana Care Health System received a $1.3 million gift from ING DIRECT that will support SMART Board technology throughout the Wilmington Hospital Campus and keep patients and their families more fully informed during their hospital stay. Thanks to the gift from ING DIRECT, the nation’s largest direct bank headquartered in Wilmington, DE, Christiana Care is now significantly closer to completing the transformation project – the most expansive in the hospital system’s history.
The new campus scheduled for completion in 2014 features:
- An Emergency Department double in size
- 120 new patient beds and a new Intensive Care Unit
- A nine-story surgical tower
- A new 61,000-square-foot medical office building
- A newly-designed front entrance and Jefferson Street approach to improve ease of access to the facility
ING DIRECT’s gift is one of the largest made in support of the landmark Wilmington Campus expansion. The gift reflects the commitment of ING DIRECT to supporting Wilmington projects that improve the lives of the families within our community. Similar to the Wilmington Campus transformation, a growing number of hospitals across the nation are harnessing technology to improve the patient’s experience while in the hospital.